[squeak-dev] Tests.Bugs.MorphicUIBugTest.testShowAllBinParts

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 14:46:59 UTC 2013

Error Message

Assertion failed
Stacktrace

MorphicUIBugTest(TestCase)>>signalFailure:
MorphicUIBugTest(TestCase)>>assert:
MorphicUIBugTest(TestCase)>>shouldnt:raise:
MorphicUIBugTest>>testShowAllBinParts
MorphicUIBugTest(TestCase)>>performTest

The test looks like this:

testShowAllBinParts
	"self new testShowAllBinParts"
	"MorphicUIBugTest run: #testShowAllBinParts"

	self assert: ( Smalltalk isMorphic ) .
	self shouldnt: [cases := Array with: ObjectsTool  initializedInstance
showAll openCenteredInWorld  ] raise: Error .

Now if this test strongly depends on the image being Morphic, it should say so:

    Smalltalk isMorphic ifTrue: [
        "stuff"
    ]

(or we could add JUnit-style assumptions to SUnit, but that's probably
a feature for another day).

Or something really ought to be setting World. The image runs
headless, but this test _used_ to pass. It only started to fail after
2013-03-05T11:00:42+0100. That was right after I broke a whole bunch
of tests because I hadn't committed Tools-fbs.450.

But I can't really see how my changes would have affected World... Any ideas?

frank