[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Compiler-eem.257.mcz

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Tue Mar 12 22:45:14 UTC 2013

On Tue, 12 Mar 2013, Colin Putney wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 2:03 PM, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>       The cluster of PureBehaviorTest failures look to largely be "Cannot
> store into read-only bindings" failures. A bunch of others too - the
> trait composition tests, for instance.
>

> Huh. It's odd that this wasn't failing before—SystemDictionary doesn't, AFAICT, guard against read-only bindings. Did we have a bunch of bindings that should have been read-only, but weren't?

Yes, actually all classes should have a read-only binding, since this
is not valid code:

 	Object := 1.

But starting with Squeak 3.x there's a bug, which makes new class
bindings have Association instead of ReadOnlyVariableBinding as class. We
discussed this a few months ago during the first iteration of
Environments.

Levente