[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Tests-fbs.192.mcz

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 11:30:32 UTC 2013

On 13 March 2013 00:14, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:

> On 2013-03-13, at 00:08, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Hmm. I thought adding a "*etoys" category to ReleaseBuilderSqueakland might be convenient, because then I wouldn't have to touch the ReleaseBuilder package directly. If you think that's not a good idea, please let me know.
>>
>> I don't think these are bad dependencies: I consider Etoys to be
>> "application level" for want of a better term. Things depending on
>> Etoys I'd consider a problem.
>
> Okay.
>
>> Maybe ReleaseBuilderSqueakland should move to a new package,
>> SmallLand-ReleaseBuilder? There are a few other Squeakland things,
>> like Preferences class >> #smallLandBigFonts and friends. Those could
>> go in a new package called SmallLand-Preferences.
>

> Squeakland ~= SmallLand.

OK. So there are a few other SmallLand things like Preferences class
>> #smallLandBigFonts that could go into a new package called
SmallLand-Preferences :)

> None of the SmallLand stuff is in the Etoys image.

So Etoys have already ripped out the SmallLand stuff? OK, that means
they're prime candidates for de-trunking (as per our previously
discussed approach for a stripped core that has stuff loaded in by
CI).

frank