[squeak-dev] More than 256 literals referenced

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Mar 14 00:24:42 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 01:00:20AM +0100, Nicolas Cellier wrote:
> I must say I was pretty surprised to see such a long method compiled at all...
> Sorry, I know it's not very helpful, but couldn't the script be split
> with chunk format?

Yes of course. I am not trying to fix the script. The script is only of interest
because it seems to have caught a problem associated with recent image changes
within the last few days.

Of course I should turn it into a unit test.

Dave

p.s. The reason that the script is written in this manner (way too long) is
that I wanted it be something that would be readable and executable when
imported into a workspace, but that would also run from start to finish to
build a VM when filed in as a script. There is a similar script for the
interpreter VM, although that one is not triggering the bug at the moment.