[squeak-dev] Minecraft tools

Louis LaBrunda Lou at Keystone-Software.com
Thu Mar 14 14:47:08 UTC 2013

Hi Bert and Minecraft lovers,

Alex and I have started to work on a method to copy the contents of a
Minecraft "box".  We tentatively call it #copyBox:forX:forY:forZ:to: (don't
get ahead of me here).  The box to be copied is at the first parameter, its
size in blocks is defined by the next three and it is copied to the last
parameter.  This method is a little hard to use but is completely general
and would allow copying things anywhere (we think).

We plan one or two other methods that be easier to use.  Say #copyBox that
copies the box on top of itself and #copyBox: that copies it n times on top
of itself.  These methods would figure out the position of the box and its
size based upon the player standing near it and looking at it (if we can).

We are wondering where to house these methods.  They could go on the
Minecraft bindings class but their not bindings.  They could go on the demo
class but there more than a demo.  Should we make a new class maybe called
MinecraftTools?

Also, is there any value in adding a Minecraft class variable to hold a
current connection, so it could be reused from a workspace or other object?

Lou