[squeak-dev] Corrupted sources file = big trouble

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 10:10:06 UTC 2013

So I freely confess: I should not have deleted the directory from
which I was running an image. When I saved the image, the image still
worked, but of course its changes file was broken.

I now have a few tens of hours of work in an image that I need to
extract only the following techniques all fail:
* filing out the class
* making a new changeset and filing that out
* saving the package through MC
* deleting the corrupted changes file

So one option that I don't particularly want to do is to open a new
image and hand cut-n-paste (via emacs, because on Linux the line
endings get messed up copying between Squeak images directly), method
by method, the source.

Is there an easier way of recovering from this mess?

frank