[squeak-dev] Another Memory Problem

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 23:29:13 UTC 2013

I know on the Mac there's a limit to image size which is specified IIRC in
the plist file. Not sure about other OSes. The only other limit I know
about is a 32-bit address space.

I'm running Mac OS 10.7.5, Squeak 4.4v12327,  'Squeak3.8.1 of ''28 Aug
2006'' [latest update: #6747] 4.4'

In this configuration, I evaluated this in a workspace, with no problems:

| stuff | stuff := OrderedCollection new.
1500000 timesRepeat: [ stuff add: 'foo' ].

Are your 1.5 million objects significantly larger than 'foo', out of
curiosity?

--
Casey Ransberger