[Cuis] [squeak-dev] The Inbox: Installer-Core-fbs.366.mcz

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 06:45:23 UTC 2013

Hi Ken,

Installer is a Squeak utility for loading code. It can install code
from changesets and other things, and I recently extended it to allow
it to install code hosted on GitHub. A wrinkle was that GitHub only
uses SSL, and for the current Squeak VMs that entails additional setup
(an additional plugin).

Seeing as I'm interested in your work, I used your code as a guinea pig :).

I didn't expect all the tests to fail - I _am_ loading Cuis code into
Squeak, after all. I was just surprised to see _all_ the tests fail,
and upon investigation found a number of places where Cuis Strings and
Characters use non-Squeak methods. Again, this isn't unexpected. So I
wondered, before I delve too deeply into the drift, if perhaps
somewhere there was a document that summarised the changes.

frank