[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Graphics-tpr.205.mcz

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 22:32:10 UTC 2013

On 26 March 2013 21:56, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

> On 26-03-2013, at 2:04 PM, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I don't know the exact provenance of Tim's package, but the product of
>> ReleaseSqueakTrunk should be a pristine image. Certainly this guy is:
>> http://build.squeak.org/job/ReleaseSqueakTrunk/146/artifact/target/Squeak4.5-12563.zip
>

> It was (According to cmd-i on my iMac) http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunk/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/target/TrunkImage.image as of the 24th.
>
> The image was *actually* clean as I mentioned but MC marked Exceptions and System as dirty until I checked them, at which point it decided they were in fact clean.

OK. TrunkImage artifacts _should_ be clean, but I make no guarantees.
It's only ReleaseSqueakTrunk that runs all the
check-packages-are-clean type processes.

Clearly it's not obvious that ReleaseSqueakTrunk is the proper
"public" artifact maker: artifacts that it makes ought to be of such a
state that they may be pushed to ftp.squeak.org.

TrunkImage, in contrast, takes a base image and updates it, but does
nothing special.

At various points in the future TrunkImage will have unloadable
packages ripped out (to be reloaded by ReleaseSqueakTrunk).

Where might be a good place to document these artifacts and artifact-producers?

frank