[squeak-dev] Pi Squeak news

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 09:18:46 UTC 2013

Thank you Ron, for doing Squeak News and posting articles like the one
mentioned below.

On 3/27/13, Ron Teitelbaum <ron at usmedrec.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> So a quick question.
>
> Should I post links to articles here too?
>
> http://news.squeak.org/2013/03/27/what-does-the-future-hold-for-pi/
>
> Most people I assume already have enough ways to follow the blog but I
> thought I would ask.

This links to
http://betanews.com/2013/03/19/it-sold-a-million-units-in-a-single-year-so-whats-next-for-raspberry-pi-qa/

which has

<citation>
We reckon there are orders of magnitude of performance increases we
can shake out of Scratch**, for example; and this isn't stuff you can
expect the community to do, because it's a very long and fiddly job.
So Scratch, Wayland, Smalltalk: you should see some big improvements
coming over this year.
</citation>

BTW what about etoys on the Raspberry Pi?

--Hannes Hirzel

**: Scratch is a Squeak variant being one of the major applications on
the Raspberry Pi.
So there are 1 million  machines more running Squeak. :-)
Tim Rowledge who is a Squeak board member is working on improving the
speed of Scratch.