[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Tests-dtl.194.mcz

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Mar 29 15:21:00 UTC 2013

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 03:04:20PM +0000, Frank Shearar wrote:
> On 29 March 2013 14:17, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> >
> > I moved these two new tests from Inbox to Trunk. One test fails on recent
> > trunk images. I do not know if this is a bug or a feature, but I cannot
> > explain the regression so I don't want to assume it's a feature.
> >
> > Dave
>
> http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunk/237/testReport/junit/Tests.Compiler/CompilerTest/testMaxLiteralsWithClassReferenceInClosure/
>
> shows the test failure.

The actual change to the image that causes this test failure occurred between
SqueakTrunk/212 and SqueakTrunk/213. In other words, if this test had been
part of the test suite all along, then you would have seen the failure appear
in 213.

I suspect that this is a side effect of class lookups associated with the Environments
changes, but I cannot say if it is a bug or an explainable variation. Either way
it's good to note the change, and we can either fix the bug or fix the test
as needed.

Dave