[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Kernel-ul.755.mcz

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed May 1 03:03:59 UTC 2013

On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 08:23:57PM +0000, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:
> Levente Uzonyi uploaded a new version of Kernel to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Kernel-ul.755.mcz

> Name: Kernel-ul.755
> Author: ul
> Time: 27 April 2013, 10:07:32.072 pm
> UUID: 7acc79da-c279-4097-a56f-7d44c94aa5f7
> Ancestors: Kernel-fbs.754
>
> Added two methods to access primitive 240 and 241, which can provide microsecond resolution timestamps on Cog VMs.

The primitives to support primUTCMicrosecondClock primUTCMicrosecondClock have
been added to the standard interpreter VM and will be present in future builds.
In addition, primitiveUtcWithOffset from the interpreter VM has now also been
added to Cog, so all VMs should now support the same common set of three
primitives for microsecond clock support.

I will add a Time class>>primPosixMicrosecondClockWithOffset to expose that
primitive in addition to the primUTCMicrosecondClock and primLocalMicrosecondClock
that were added in Kernel-ul.755.

Dave