[squeak-dev] ScriptLoader time to die?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri May 3 11:49:40 UTC 2013

On 2013-05-03, at 13:41, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3 May 2013 12:15, Nicolas Cellier <nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com> wrote:
>> +1

>>> It was only used by the 3.9 release team. Not needed anymore.
>>>
>>> Another 45Deprecated candidate.
>>>
>>> - Bert -
>
> OK. Minor complication: ScriptLoader is the only class in the
> ScriptLoader package. What do we do with the empty package?

Just commit it.

> Push a config map without it?

Not yet. Before doing that we need to make sure the "empty" package was loaded. So we need at least one config map with the empty package. But this could wait.

> Or, just to be clear,
> * recategorise the ScriptLoader class to '45Deprecated'
> * Save 45Deprecated
> * Save ScriptLoader package

Yes.

> * Update the latest config map from the image
> * Remove ScriptLoader package from the map
> * Post the new config map

You also need to increment the Squeak-Version package version by the number from the removed package to ensure continuity.

- Bert -