[squeak-dev] Evil config load order test

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sat May 4 12:00:20 UTC 2013

Here is a test case for testing method/class moves between packages. It has two classes in two packages, and nothing changes from version to version except which package each class and method belongs to. There is no right order in which to load these because in the same version, stuff moves from A to B and vice versa. The only way currently is to load both packages, then load the first again. Either way, you lose class identity and method history in the process.

An updated config loader should be able to resolve this and load it without problems. I'll give it a shot. I wanted to write a unit test first, but gave up.

Attached is a zip of a directory repository, with four configs that load the four versions of the two packages. If anybody has an idea how to convert this manual test into a unit test (by replicating it with mock classes, I guess?), please do it.

To make this test a bit more realistic, there should also be non-moving additions/deletions/modifications in each version. If someone wants to re-create these test versions with additional method/class changes, that would be very useful, too.

- Bert -