[squeak-dev] History of MVC in Squeak

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Tue May 7 17:48:21 UTC 2013

Dear Squeakers,

At 30 years of Smalltalk there is also near 30 years of a MVC pattern,
which was also invented by Smalltalkers and is currently very popular in
JavaScript world by client-side frameworks like Ember.js, Backbone.js,
Angular.js etc.

At this anniversary it would therefore be nice to remember MVC too, but
not only that, In Aida/Web (already the MVC framework) we'd like revive
MVC more thoroughly for the modern Smalltalk HTML5 apps.

What I's like to ask you is any pointer, article, information, testimony
about using MVC pattern in Squeak. I'm aware of MVC GUI as alternative
to Morphic, anyone know more about it?

Best regards
Janko

--