[squeak-dev] Case sensitive "source with it" works in MVC but not in Morphic, what to do?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu May 9 12:21:17 UTC 2013

I want to be able to do #browseMethodsWithSourceString: with a case-sensitive
search. For example, I want to easily find all methods with source containing
BYTESPERWORD, but not those containing bytesPerWord.

In MVC, this works by depressing the shift key while selecting "method source
with it" from the menu. In Morphic, there seems to be no way to do this because
the shift key has other effects in the menu.

This condition has existed for a long time, since at least Squeak 3.6. So
how should this work in Morphic? Using the shift key is not very intuitive
anyway, since the menu item gives no suggestion that the feature is available.
So maybe some other mechanism is better, such as a separate menu entry?

Dave