[squeak-dev] Changing process exit status

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Sun May 12 20:18:51 UTC 2013

On Sun, 12 May 2013, Frank Shearar wrote:

> http://build.squeak.org/job/ReleaseSqueakTrunk/239/console shows the
> CommandLineToolSet correctly bailing a release because
> ReleaseBuilderFor4dot5 no longer exists. Note the build's green light.
> What I'd like is a means of quitting the image _with an error_.
>
> How do I do that?

CogVM has support for it - not sure about the interpreter, but there's
definitely no support code on the image-side. The way it works is that you
can add an argument to primitive 113. E.g.:

quitPrimitive: exitCode
 	"Primitive. Exit to another operating system on the host machine, if one
 	exists. All state changes in the object space since the last snapshot are lost.
 	Essential. See Object documentation whatIsAPrimitive."

 	<primitive: 113>
 	self primitiveFailed

Levente