[squeak-dev] what is Smalltalk?

Casimiro de Almeida Barreto casimiro.barreto at gmail.com
Mon May 20 18:46:59 UTC 2013

On 20-05-2013 03:34, Casey Ransberger wrote:
>> After the schism,
>> at least two other versions of "baby squeaks" appeared. One is dealt by
>> a single developer. I hope him the best luck in the world.
> Cuis is supported by a very small community of deeply passionate people, not a single developer. Saying that is like saying that Squeak was dealt exclusively by Andreas Raab when he had the most commits.
>
> In other words: what am I, chopped liver? :)

Reading it again, I noticed that the English translation does not map
exactly on the Brazilian Portuguese idea it should transmit. Sounds like
I meant some kind of irony. That's not the case. Regarding Cuis its idea
(which I enjoy) I really hope Cuis community the best luck in world (as
in "espero que os caras se deêm bem"). My concern is that the community
is small and at some point will need some energy to break through the
"Fermi barrier of complexity".

CdAB