[squeak-dev] Locale class >> #localeChangedGently

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Tue May 21 09:00:47 UTC 2013

This method looks like this:

localeChangedGently
    #(#ParagraphEditor #BitEditor #FormEditor #StandardSystemController )
        do: [:key | Smalltalk
            at: key
            ifPresent: [:class | class initialize]].
    PartsBin localeChangedGently.
    Project localeChangedGently.
    PaintBoxMorph localeChangedGently.
    ColorPickerMorph localeChangedGently.
    Preferences localeChangedGently.

Firstly, it should just say something like

localeChangedGently
    self environment allClassesDo: [:cls |
        (cls respondsTo: #localeChangedGently) ifTrue: [cls
localeChangedGently]]

or, even better, have classes register with something to show that
they have work to do when changing locale:

localeChangedGently
    allRegisteredObjects do: [:o | o localeChangedGently].

But secondly, this is the sole implementor of #localeChangedGently!

I thought I'd broken SystemNavigation with my recent hacking, but I
have a pre-Environment-friendly-SystemNavigation image, and I see no
other implementors there either.

frank