[squeak-dev] The Trunk: System-fbs.538.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Wed May 22 07:50:52 UTC 2013

Frank Shearar uploaded a new version of System to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/System-fbs.538.mcz

Name: System-fbs.538
Author: fbs
Time: 22 May 2013, 7:51:50.831 am
UUID: 62080650-696b-42a7-b576-79b849a51288
Ancestors: System-fbs.537

Make #actualClass work in any Environment.

Also, #environment must work for any MethoReference already present in the image when this commit lands. Gently and lazily introduce these instances to their host Environment, Smalltalk globals.

=============== Diff against System-fbs.537 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: MethodReference>>actualClass (in category 'accessing') -----
  actualClass
+ 	^self environment at: classSymbol ifPresent: [ :actualClass |
-
- 	^Smalltalk globals at: classSymbol ifPresent: [ :actualClass |
  		classIsMeta
  			ifTrue: [ actualClass classSide ]
  			ifFalse: [ actualClass ] ]

  !

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: MethodReference>>environment (in category 'accessing') -----
  environment
+ 	^ environment ifNil: [
+ 		"We will probably have MethodReferences already instantiated when this commit lands. We lazily move these over to the new, Environment aware, order of things."
+ 		environment := Smalltalk globals].!
- 	^ environment.!