[squeak-dev] Fwd: [Pharo-dev] MC should really write snaphsot/source.st in UTF8

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Wed May 22 22:12:28 UTC 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nicolas Cellier <nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com>
Date: 2013/5/23
Subject: Re: [Pharo-dev] MC should really write snaphsot/source.st in UTF8
To: Discusses Development of Pharo <pharo-dev at lists.pharo.org>

That sounds good. We could even try to fallback to UT-32 if we encounter
zeros (but his should be very rare...).

For write, ZipArchive are un-aware of any encoding... They use latin1.
In Squeak, I could place some squeakToUTF8 sends in MCMczWriter, and
equivalent UTF8TextConverter in Pharo #serializeDefinitions:, maybe this is
needed in some other serialize* (version, dependencies who knows...)