[squeak-dev] Pi performance fun

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri May 24 18:26:06 UTC 2013

On 24-05-2013, at 11:18 AM, Brad Fuller <brad at bradfuller.com> wrote:

> I'd be interested. I have  a Pi-B that I just bought. Nothing is on it yet.
> Will you make the code and the procedure of how to put it on available
> to all?

Of course - it's all open stuff. The stackvm code is already up there on source.squeak.org in 'VMMaker.oscog'. The bitblt stuff will be released when it isn't dangerous; amongst other things we've got to work out how to handle the mixing of generated code and very platform specific parts a bit more neatly.

First thing to do is load Raspbian and get your Pi talking. The latest download apparently includes the latest improvements to Scratch that I have been working on too.

tim
Useful random insult:- Moves his lips to pretend he's reading.