[squeak-dev] Browser searching suggestion

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Sat May 25 00:16:11 UTC 2013

The cause of the slowdown is the lack of name cache in Environment.
Class, global and trait names were cached in SystemDictionary, so asking
for #classAndTraitNames was cheap.
If you try it with a 4.4 image (or any image which doesn't use
Enviroments), then you'll find that it's it about 15 times faster there,
which is probably sufficient on a slower machines.

Starting with an empty list might make the UI more responsive, but as soon
as you start typing, it will be just as slow as before.

Levente