[squeak-dev] FileSystem

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Mon May 27 02:28:03 UTC 2013

> Well, I'd be happy to see Filesystem in Squeak.  :-)
>
> I know Chris is worried about breaking Magma, so we'll need to be careful,
> but we can do that.

That's appreciated, thanks.  You're right, and also about Banyan.  And
not just breakage but also performance.  I'm sure I won't be left
behind entirely but I also hope it won't be too painful to switch
over.

Banyan makes use of that method in FileDirectory I committed to trunk
yesterday (directoryTreeDo:).  Important to Banyan would be for
FileSystem to be able to do that without creating much (if any)
garbage.  Is that doable?