[squeak-dev] FileSystem

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Mon May 27 08:32:06 UTC 2013

On 27 May 2013 03:04, Colin Putney <colin at wiresong.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 1:58 AM, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> So I have a pair of questions:
>> * how far have wiresong's FileSystem and Pharo's FileSystem diverged?
>> (And how do we bring the two back together again, if necessary?)
>

> I doubt there's much divergence. I synced with the Pharo folks as they were
> putting it in to their base image, and that was a pretty mature
> implementation, so I'd be surprised if there was anything difficult to deal
> with.
>

>> * How do we fix the problem?
>

> Well, I'd be happy to see Filesystem in Squeak.  :-)
>
> I know Chris is worried about breaking Magma, so we'll need to be careful,
> but we can do that.

OK, so the first step is to add a CI build for FileSystem. I'm away
from my image at the moment, but doesn't Installer have a #wiresong?
If you supply me with an Installer script for FileSystem I'll wire up
Jenkins.

One thing I've put off doing is getting Magma under CI. It has special
ways of setting up tests that don't quite fit our existing CI test
infrastructure. But once that's done, Magma would be an excellent
guinea pig. (Of course, one could run the Magma test suite manually. I
like the CI route because it keeps me honest: you can't fool a CI with
accidental local state changes.)

frank