[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Environments-cwp.30.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Mon May 27 17:12:32 UTC 2013

Colin Putney uploaded a new version of Environments to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Environments-cwp.30.mcz

Name: Environments-cwp.30
Author: cwp
Time: 27 May 2013, 10:11:50.532 am
UUID: 9651937b-5950-4c9c-95cc-30de9968bba7
Ancestors: Environments-cwp.29

Added a comment.

=============== Diff against Environments-cwp.29 ===============

Item was changed:
  Object subclass: #Environment
  	instanceVariableNames: 'info imports exports declarations references public undeclared'
  	classVariableNames: 'Default Instances'
  	poolDictionaries: ''
  	category: 'Environments-Core'!
+
+ !Environment commentStamp: 'cwp 5/27/2013 10:10' prior: 0!
+ I am a context for compiling methods. I maintain the namespace of classes and gobal variables that are visible to the methods compiled within me.
+
+ I have the following instance variables:
+
+ info <EnvironmentInfo>
+ Metadata about me and the code I contain
+
+ imports <Import>
+ Rules for importing globals from other environments
+
+ exports <Export>
+ Rules for exposing globals to other environments
+
+ declarations <IdentityDictionary>
+ Bindings for globals that have been declared inside me
+
+ references      <IdentityDictionary>
+ Bindings for globals that are used by methods compiled inside me.
+
+ public <IdentityDictionary>
+ Bindings for classes that have been declared inside me, and which satisfy
+ the export rules contain in 'exports'.
+
+ undeclared      <Dictionary>
+ Bindings for globals that are used by methods compiled inside me, but
+ which aren't present 'references' and couldn't be found via the rules in
+ 'imports'.!