mcz files --> change sets for Squeak files since 2008? (was Re: [squeak-dev] more archaeology)

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 00:28:21 UTC 2013

Bob

Monticello files are just zip files and they contain source code in
the subfolder snapshot.
However these are not change sets. I assume this is not new information for you.

I remember there is a way to generate the change sets from the mcz
files from within the image and this has been discussed on this list
before (some years ago... maybe). However at the moment I do not have
a reference.

So the question is -- how do we generate change sets from the mcz
files for the Squeak versions since 2008?

Regards
Hannes

On 10/31/13, Bob Arning <arning315 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Hannes,
>
> I suppose Monticello could be coaxed into providing suitable data, but I
> know next to nothing about Monticello or what the procedures were in
> those days. So, if someone want to make some change sets, I'll merge
> them in. The logical place to start would be where the old updates faded
> out. Do one/a few and we'll see what happens.
>
> Cheers,
> Bob
>
> p.s. are you where your ip address seems to indicate?
I assume so. Plz contact off-list.