[squeak-dev] Re: source squeak org down

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 22:00:13 UTC 2013

he cause of the slowness we've been seeing the last few days was some
runaway seaside client Process in the image.  It was busy rendering HTML on
the difference between two different versions of 45Deprecated-fbs.8 (with
two different UUID's) but, somehow, had itself caught in an endless loop
that was sucking resources and causing the image to grow by about 20MB /
day.

The process is killed and the image shrank from 150MB+ to 35MB and seems
healthy again.

I've restarted it on squeak.org, but I'm afraid I did not start it
properly. I've left a note for Ken asking for help, but at least it's
accessible in the meantime.

It might go down again briefly in the near future if we have to restart it
again.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 3:44 PM, Nicolas Cellier <