[squeak-dev] A Bounty for CMake-ifying stack/Cog vm build process

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Fri Nov 8 15:29:42 UTC 2013

Eliot

First, if these discussion is inappropriate for squeak-dev, I have subscribed to squeak-vm-beginners and we can move it there or elsewhere if I am creating too much noise here.

In working the steps at http://www.mirandabanda.org/cogblog/build-image/ and I have found that running all the tests for the Alien install on the SqueakVM that comes with the all-in-one app fails all but one of its tests. (primitives fail)

If I start the image using the CogVM then all the tests pass.

So, is it correct to say that building a Cog Development Image on Squeak4.4 or greater depends on a pre-built CogVM from http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/  ?

I am assuming yes, but I want to verify with you before I document what I am doing

thx.