[squeak-dev] Squeak evolution 1998 - 2008

Tim Olson tim_olson at att.net
Mon Nov 11 20:11:13 UTC 2013

On Oct 28, 2013, at 7:13 AM, Bob Arning <arning315 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Mystery mostly resolved. It *is* in the 2.1 changes file, but not in any separate change set from that era. This is from back when it was more common to download a new version image rather than try to update through.

Wow, a blast from the past!  I originally wrote the Squeak version of SameGame to better learn some of the ins and outs of the then new Morphic environment which was released in Squeak 2.0.  I supplied it as a change set downloadable from my personal home page, and Dan Ingalls included it in the 2.1 version, along with my JPEGReadWriter code.

Digging through the mailing list archives, it looks like I announced it to the mailing list on 23 May 1998.

	— tim