[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Installer-Core-cmm.383.mcz

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 09:44:53 UTC 2013

On 11 November 2013 21:59,  <commits at source.squeak.org> wrote:
> Chris Muller uploaded a new version of Installer-Core to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Installer-Core-cmm.383.mcz

> Name: Installer-Core-cmm.383
> Author: cmm
> Time: 11 November 2013, 3:59:16.385 pm
> UUID: 3844745d-bc14-44aa-adee-033cbc0ee3be
> Ancestors: Installer-Core-cmm.382
>
> Installer simplification:  remove overly complex printing.
>
> =============== Diff against Installer-Core-cmm.382 ===============

If I understand correctly, this simply removes _all_ printing, so an
"i printString" (where i is an Installer) simply gives "an Installer"
(or "an InstallerMonticello"). That doesn't seem like much of an
improvement. The point of this implementation (spelling mistakes
aside) seems to be to provide something like the MCRepository classes
give - to give you a string that, when evaluated, gives you an
equivalent Installer. I rather like that behaviour. It seems
unfortunate to lose such a useful thing.

frank