[squeak-dev] Fix for OSProcess - Where to commit?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Nov 14 15:34:49 UTC 2013

Hi Marcel,

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 12:31:06AM -0800, Marcel Taeumel wrote:
> Hi there! :)
>
> I've got a fix for OS-Process. Where should I commit the code to?

The http://www.squeaksource.com/OSProcess repository is still the right
place. I can add you as a developer if you like, although I would really
prefer if you can send the update to me directly (and cc the list). The
reason is that I like to test across a range of Squeak and Pharo versions
before I commmit anything, and I also have managed to overcomplicate the
package structure in the repository to the point where it's easier if I
do it (the procedure is: apply patch, update OSProcess class>>versionString,
commit all affected sub-packages, then update the main OSProcess package).

> Squeaksource.com seems deprecated. However, I cannot find it on SmalltalkHub
> or ss3.gemstone... :-/

SqueakSource is alive and healthy, and I intend to keep my existing
projects on SqueakSource rather than migrate them to other repositories.
I have been personally involved in migrating squeaksource.com to its new
home at squeak.org, and my intention is to ensure that it is available
and operationally stable for the forseeable future.

The welcome (sic) message on the SqueakSource home page is overly alarming,
and IMHO should be changed to something that encourages new projects to
be created elsewhere, but that does not cause alarm for existing usurs.
But that is a policy decision, and I will defer to the Squeak board and
the Squeak community on this.

Thanks in advance for you contribution to OSProcess :-)

Dave