[Box-Admins] Re: [squeak-dev] SqueakSource.com home page (was: Fix for OSProcess - Where to commit?)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Nov 15 02:00:22 UTC 2013

Attached is a screen shot of the process browser in the squeaksource.com
image, showing the excess SSSession processes. They are deadlocked on
accessing DateAndTime now, which contains a critical section using the
LastTickSemaphore in class DateAndTime.

In the squeaksource.com image, LastTickSemaphore has 0 excess signals,
whereas in other images I look at, it has 1 excess signal. This looks
to me like a mutex that has gotten confused.

I sent a signal to LastTickSemaphore in class DateAndTime, and now it
looks like a mutex again. Let's see if that clears the problem.

This certainly has a bad smell about it :-(  But I note also that
we are running our SqueakSource services on older images, and a number
of changes have been made to DateAndTime since then.

Nicolas, I will send private email to give you the VNC password for access
to the squeaksource.com image in case you need it (I am going to get some
sleep soon).

Dave