[squeak-dev] Deprecate update stream?

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 12:16:38 UTC 2013

Utilities' "fetching updates" category seems obsolete - that's all the
bits to work with an update stream, isn't it?

If we want to continue with infrastructure for an update stream, why
don't we put all this stuff together in its own package? Especially,
can we pull the state out of Utilities? UpdateDownloader and
UpdateUrlLists belong together in a separate object.

It's not just Utilities though - I've seen a whole bunch of methods
all over the place (he says not bothering to go find all those places)
that look like they deal with update streams. These could also go into
this new package.

It ought to be the work of a few hours, for someone keen to improve
the state of affairs!

frank