[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Multilingual-nice.189.mcz

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Oct 9 23:52:38 UTC 2013

On 09-10-2013, at 11:33 PM, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:

> Nicolas Cellier uploaded a new version of Multilingual to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Multilingual-nice.189.mcz

> Name: Multilingual-nice.189
> Author: nice
> Time: 10 October 2013, 1:33:16.023 am
> UUID: 2f31cb35-a0d0-41b4-be3e-f5c0bdb88e72
> Ancestors: Multilingual-nice.188
>
> Put the charsetAt: send out of the scanJapaneseCharactersFrom:to:in:rightX: inner loop.

I *think* that this is probably wrong; what if we have a wide string where a few characters are encoding 12 (middle earth Elvish), the next chunk is encoding 'pi' (irrational political verbiage) and then some japanese, and then some other encoding? The checking of the encoding = startEncoding is how we work out that the encoding is changed and we need to exit to deal with that by reseting stuff. Isn't it?

tim
Strange OpCodes: DO: Deadstart Operator