[squeak-dev] CI Job artifacts

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Wed Oct 16 09:23:39 UTC 2013

Hi Frank

On 16.10.2013, at 11:12, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 16 October 2013 09:57, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
>>

>> Begin forwarded message:

[…]
> Indeed. There are a bunch of problems with the SqueakTrunk job at the moment:
> * the job is inherently unreliable because we can't make the scripts
> actually fail when something goes wrong (see my pushing for this on
> vm-dev yesterday) (*)

I have not seen the mail… which are you referring to?
Isn't it as simple as
set -e
in the bash script?

> * updating is EXTREMELY SLOW. I've increased the timeout on the
> updating to _25 minutes_ and it's still sometimes not long enough

So either we have to make a new release ;)
or do checkpoints…

> * we have a serious problem in the form of a primitive crash. Or I do,
> or Linux machines do. Something like that.

I tried updating my trunk image from july, Mac, current CogVM,
crashed, too.

> Once that last issue has been resolved, I'm going to have to hand-roll
> a new base image, which will address the build time issue as well as
> let us skip past the Parser problems Nicolas & I have recently
> discussed.

Ah well, checkpointing then ;)
If t works, I'm fine with it.

Best
	-Tobias

> frank
>
> (*) This failure to bail the entire job means that the image the tests
> run against is a didn't-actually-update image, so you end up with a
> 4.4-12327 image.

Apparently.