[squeak-dev] CI Job artifacts

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 10:36:20 UTC 2013

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/vm-dev/2013-October/013852.html

> Isn't it as simple as
> set -e
> in the bash script?

That's what I want, but it's what I currently can't have, because
running the script will _always_ return success.

>> * updating is EXTREMELY SLOW. I've increased the timeout on the
>> updating to _25 minutes_ and it's still sometimes not long enough
>
> So either we have to make a new release ;)
> or do checkpoints…
>
>> * we have a serious problem in the form of a primitive crash. Or I do,
>> or Linux machines do. Something like that.
>
> I tried updating my trunk image from july, Mac, current CogVM,
> crashed, too.

Gah. OK, so it's a serious problem, and not just me.

>> Once that last issue has been resolved, I'm going to have to hand-roll
>> a new base image, which will address the build time issue as well as
>> let us skip past the Parser problems Nicolas & I have recently
>> discussed.
>
> Ah well, checkpointing then ;)
> If t works, I'm fine with it.
>

> Best
>         -Tobias
>

>> frank
>>
>> (*) This failure to bail the entire job means that the image the tests
>> run against is a didn't-actually-update image, so you end up with a
>> 4.4-12327 image.
>

> Apparently.

Well, on the plus side we can at least understand why we get the
unexpected result!

frank