[squeak-dev] CI Job artifacts

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Wed Oct 16 10:51:41 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 16.10.2013, at 12:36, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 16 October 2013 10:23, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
>> […]
>> I have not seen the mail… which are you referring to?
>
> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/vm-dev/2013-October/013852.html

got it.

>> Isn't it as simple as
>> set -e
>> in the bash script?
>
> That's what I want, but it's what I currently can't have, because
> running the script will _always_ return success.

oO
I see.
https://github.com/squeak-smalltalk/squeak-ci/blob/master/lib/squeak-ci/build.rb#L259
At that point you want to make sure that the exit code of the
Rakefile is _never_ 0 when stuff like that happens…

>> […]
>> I tried updating my trunk image from july, Mac, current CogVM,
>> crashed, too.
>
> Gah. OK, so it's a serious problem, and not just me.

[…]
>>> (*) This failure to bail the entire job means that the image the tests
>>> run against is a didn't-actually-update image, so you end up with a
>>> 4.4-12327 image.
>>

>> Apparently.
>
> Well, on the plus side we can at least understand why we get the
> unexpected result!

Yes. I think jenkins does the right thing™ when we exit with non-null
status, and a subsequent archiving step could be skipped…

Best
	-Tobias