[squeak-dev] The Trunk: System-ul.528.mcz

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Oct 20 22:33:51 UTC 2013

On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 10:09:01PM +0100, Frank Shearar wrote:
> On 20 October 2013 20:33, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> > I tested this using a VM that lacks the exit code support, and found no problems.
> > All new VM builds will provide the primitive, so this belongs in trunk now.
>
> Yay! So there's only one small eensy detail left... any idea when we
> might see a new released VM?
>
> I realise this is a problem on the Windows and Mac fronts!

Well, I guess the last official Unix build that Ian Piumarta did was about
a year ago, so a refresh might be in order some time soon.

I'll bet that if you were to send an email to Ian (piumarta at speakeasy
dot net, or just to the vm-dev list) telling him about how much you appreciate
his efforts and mentioning how nice it would be if the VM supported exit
status, he might do something for you. He's kind of a pushover for that
sort of influence ;-)

While you are at it you should mention that this is important to you because
you need it to support the work that you are doing with CI on build.squeak.org,
and oh by the way wouldn't it me nice if we had a real VM build slave
running on squeakvm.org that would do continuous builds from the latest
sources in the Subversion repository?

Dave