[squeak-dev] The Trunk: System-ul.528.mcz

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Oct 21 16:53:37 UTC 2013

> So -- if the existing builds could be set to run under cron, then it
> should be a small additional step to wire them into Jenkins to trigger
> the builds and display the results.

A small and hopefully really simple suggestion; can we add an occasional (like once a week or so) test build of the 'old' code that is considered stable. I'm thinking that every now and then it is wise to check that any changes in the tools haven't broken the production system.

Also, is it possible to set things so that we can have … 'probationary'(?) branch that gets built automagically. If PlatformMaintainerA/M/U/R is unavailable for whatever reason (taking a six month trip around the galaxy in his office, for example) than platform A/M/U/R code in the probational branch is alterable by a wider range of people and can be 'fixed' (for applicable values of 'fixed') temporarily.  Um, actually, from what little I know about it, this is sounding a bit git-ish. Or maybe I need more coffee.

tim
Strange OpCodes: GLV: Ground the Line Voltage