[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Tools-cmm.501.mcz

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 15:25:41 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 7:26 AM, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23 October 2013 21:09,  <commits at source.squeak.org> wrote:
>> Chris Muller uploaded a new version of Tools to project The Trunk:
>> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Tools-cmm.501.mcz

>> Name: Tools-cmm.501
>> Author: cmm
>> Time: 23 October 2013, 3:09:28.913 pm
>> UUID: 91844028-c199-4119-8a22-1b06b1efbe77
>> Ancestors: Tools-cmm.500
>>
>> RecentMessages fix and haircut.
>
> Which part is the fix? What was broken?

The methods list was being #reverse'd from several external locations,
but the order should be maintained internally.  I thought I had all
the #reverse calls removed but I guess I had missed this one.

>> =============== Diff against Tools-cmm.500 ===============
>>
>> Item was changed:
>>   MessageSet subclass: #RecentMessageSet
>>         instanceVariableNames: ''
>> +       classVariableNames: ''
>> -       classVariableNames: 'NumberOfRecentSubmissionsToStore'
>>         poolDictionaries: ''
>>         category: 'Tools-Browser'!
>>
>>   !RecentMessageSet commentStamp: 'sw 8/1/2002 17:40' prior: 0!
>>   RecentMessageSet is a message set that shows the most recently-submitted methods, in chronological order.!
>>
>> Item was removed:
>> - ----- Method: RecentMessageSet class>>numberOfRecentSubmissionsToStore (in category 'preferences') -----
>> - numberOfRecentSubmissionsToStore
>> -       <preference: 'Number of recent submissions to store'
>> -               category: 'Tools'
>> -               type: #Number>
>> -       ^NumberOfRecentSubmissionsToStore
>> -               ifNil: [NumberOfRecentSubmissionsToStore := 30].!
>
> I don't understand the point of removing this preference?

The preference is still there -- I'm not sure how it got into Tools, I
thought it was always in System and that's where it still is.

Just the class-var was removed.  Since RecentMessages is a Singleton,
the class-var was redundant.