[squeak-dev] What is an 'embedded' image?

Chris Cunningham cunningham.cb at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 16:45:11 UTC 2013

A long time ago, I saw an exchange where there was discussion about storing
the image with the executable itself - when I first saw this message,
that's what I thought.  So I googled, and found:
http://www.kurtz-fernhout.com/squeak/readme.txt
Not sure if it is the same thing, but interesting.

If you follow the logic a bit, you see if call this primitive:

snapshotEmbeddedPrimitive
<primitive: 247>
^nil "indicates error writing embedded image file"

Not sure what the primitive it doing (haven't looked into the C / VM code).