[squeak-dev] What is an 'embedded' image?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Oct 25 17:43:12 UTC 2013

On 25-10-2013, at 10:32 AM, gettimothy <gettimothy at zoho.com> wrote:

> Would this be a promising starting point for de-coupling squeak from its current UI and building an X-Windows interface to it?

I’m not at all sure how it would have anything much to do with that. Once you’ve done the simple (hah!) work of removing all the mvc & morphic code whilst still keeping a usable system (hint; see some of the work Craig Latta did for Spoon, and the Fenix project and another similar one I can’t recall the name of right now, oh ghods I’m so embarrassed) and then added what you want for an X interface… then maybe worrying about how to package it becomes urgent.  Lots of work to enjoy in *that* little list.

tim
Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you