[squeak-dev] Squeak evolution 1998 - 2008

Bob Arning arning315 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 27 20:36:02 UTC 2013

Munging around with old mailing lists sounds like work. ;-)

What I have done is to take each of the old changes files, subtract the
previous changes file and treat the result as if it were a single
update. These files will be identified as '**v1' '*113' '*115' etc so
that they will sort better.

This is now available on the /diffs page:

http://69.251.218.6:9116/diffs

I'll see about adding this data to the /browse and /time pages.

Cheers,
Bob

sample:

rootForGrabOf:

*119
rootForGrabOf: aMorph
     "Like root, but can be overridden by a morph that wants to allow
its submorphs to be extracted just by picking them up."

     (owner = nil or: [owner isWorldOrHandMorph]) ifTrue: [? self].
     owner allowSubmorphExtraction
         ifTrue: [? self]
         ifFalse: [? owner rootForGrabOf: aMorph].

*131
rootForGrabOf: aMorph
     "Like root, but can be overridden by a morph that wants to allow
its submorphs to be extracted just by picking them up."

     (owner = nil or: [owner isWorldOrHandMorph]) ifTrue: [? self].
     owner allowSubmorphExtraction
         ifTrue: [? self]
         ifFalse: [? owner rootForGrabOf: aMorph].
     "Be sticky if sticky property is set. Normally this would be
recompiled in the unique subclass of each morph, so this is a backstop
only, and for development."
     ? self isSticky
         ifTrue:
             [nil]
         ifFalse:
             [(owner = nil or: [owner isWorldOrHandMorph])
                 ifTrue:
                     [self]
                 ifFalse:
                     [owner allowSubmorphExtraction
                         ifTrue: [self]
                         ifFalse: [owner rootForGrabOf: aMorph]]]

0149Flood-sw.cs
rootForGrabOf: aMorph
     "Be sticky if sticky property is set. Normally this would be
recompiled in the unique subclass of each morph, so this is a backstop
only, and for development."
     ? self isSticky
     ? (self isSticky and: [self isPartsDonor not])
         ifTrue:
             [nil]
         ifFalse:
             [(owner = nil or: [owner isWorldOrHandMorph])
                 ifTrue:
                     [self]
                 ifFalse:
                     [owner allowSubmorphExtraction
                         ifTrue: [self]
                         ifFalse: [owner rootForGrabOf: aMorph]]]

2776TruthAndBeauty.cs
rootForGrabOf: aMorph
     self flag: #arNote. "TODO: Remove the entire rootForGrabOf: logic"
     ? (self isSticky and: [self isPartsDonor not])
         ifTrue:
             [nil]
         ifFalse:
             [(owner = nil or: [owner isWorldOrHandMorph])
                 ifTrue:
                     [self]
                 ifFalse:
                     [owner allowSubmorphExtraction
                         ifTrue: [self]
                         ifFalse: [owner rootForGrabOf: aMorph]]]

2783DnD-Day.cs
rootForGrabOf: aMorph
     self flag: #arNote. "TODO: Remove the entire rootForGrabOf: logic"
     ? (self isSticky and: [self isPartsDonor not])
         ifTrue:
             [nil]
         ifFalse:
             [(owner = nil or: [owner isWorldOrHandMorph])
                 ifTrue:
                     [self]
                 ifFalse:
                     [owner allowSubmorphExtraction
                         ifTrue: [self]
                         ifFalse: [owner rootForGrabOf: aMorph]]]
** explicitly removed **