[squeak-dev] SqueakTrunk image on build.squeak.org broken?

Pavel Krivanek squeak1 at continentalbrno.cz
Tue Oct 29 11:11:20 UTC 2013

Hi Frank,

spending few minutes on it, I was able to produce very very dirty
image (4.6MB). I did only  few small changes. Use patch002.st, I
attach patch001.st only for diff purposes. I only tried to make it
work somehow and made the resultant image responsive.
I was not able to recompile all the classes so I simply used ifError:
statement so many of methods is still not recompiled. That's one
reason why the resultant image is so dirty. The script works on my
Linux machine, no clue what will it do on Mac or Win.
You should look at the patch002.st, compare patched methods with
recent versions. Maybe some currently do not need any change. The
patch does not provide good or final solutions, it only shows the most
creaking places.

I can help but you should understand that for me it's time I steal
from Pharo that has much higher priority for me. I do not understand
what Squeak is now and what it wants to be and I do not know last
changes in it.

-- Pavel