[squeak-dev] Updating from Squeak4.5-12641.zip opens merge dialog

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 10:43:09 UTC 2013

Hi Bernhard,

You're welcome :)

You might as well do that - click Keep then click Merge. Given that
the "change" is a reordering of system categories it doesn't really
matter.

What diffs do you see between your local FlexibleVocabularies and
ScriptLoader, and those versions in trunk?

ScriptLoader is still present in the image, but it should now be
completely empty. ScriptLoader-fbs.337 should be the last commit for
that package, and 45Deprecated-fbs.3 is the other half of the move,
showing the deprecation of the entire package. It'll then get removed
in the 4.6 cycle, I think.

What you're doing is pretty much the manual version of what _should_
be a completely automated task. Ideally you should be able to pull a
pristine trunk from
http://build.squeak.org/job/ReleaseSqueakTrunk/lastSuccessfulBuild/
but at the moment that's broken. I'm still trying to find out why the
SqueakTrunk job (whose successful completion kicks off the
ReleaseSqueakTrunk job) doesn't correctly update the image.

frank