[squeak-dev] Something in the update process damages the background

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Sep 11 17:55:20 UTC 2013

On 11-09-2013, at 10:35 AM, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just updated an image from 12641, and the blurry Ulam Spiral
> background disappeared, replaced by the old brushed metal background.
> What did that? Why?

I noticed that too. Presumably an update made the change explicitly. What did mildly annoy me was that loading my preferences (mostly things like swapping back to proper mouse button use instead of the completely improper right-button-is-middle-button nonsense and getting scrollbars on the left as they should be) actually reset the background. It would be nice if only  deliberate change caused the new choice to be written out; no idea where the code is that does that right now.

tim
APATHY ERROR:  Don't bother striking any key.