[squeak-dev] Something in the update process damages the background

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 02:13:16 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 2:52 PM, karl ramberg <karlramberg at gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree with this. Look for a user set background, if nil do default fill,

I don't understand your proposal.  The background just _is_ whatever
it is.  We set it during the release process.  When someone downloads
a release image, they either "set the background" to a color,
gradient, pattern, or bitmap of their choice or, they don't.  How are
you going to "look for a user set background?"  When would such a
thing be done?  Upon loading Morphic?  Why?  Why not just leave it as
is?