[squeak-dev] ReleaseBuilder package

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Thu Sep 12 18:15:41 UTC 2013

Awesome.

Thank you.

I did a google on the Squeak Release process and found a thread (by you) here: http://forum.world.st/Squeak-release-process-td4640158.html

Did that ever come to fruition? Would a HelpBrowser  entry be helpful? (I will write it if so, and the information is available)

The goal, is that newbs like me can get the release environment running locally and mash around a bit without bothering the experts too much.

thx.

---- On Thu, 12 Sep 2013 10:31:41 -0700 Frank Shearar<frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote ----

Right. That version's somewhere around 300 commits behind Trunk. After
you update the image (open the Squeak menu in the docking bar at the
top, on the far left), you will find only ReleaseBuilder.

You always have local storage available, in the form of an
MCCacheRepository pointing to the /your/image/path/package-cache/
directory.

We really ought to push out a more up-to-date image, which requires me
to finish finding out why the continuous integration update-image.st
script is broken.

frank