[squeak-dev] RE: [Box-Admins] Did www.squeak.org crash?

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Fri Sep 13 23:31:02 UTC 2013

No, actually I rebooted the system which would inevitably cause
everything to stop working for a period of time.

I decided to take this step after having www.squeak.org go down again.
But, perhaps unsurprisingly, that didn't actually help.  It turns out
that I in fact made a mistake and copied the files from the backup as
root (sudo bash, old-fashionedness and typing laziness) and failed to
change the ownership to the website account/group.  Once I fixed this
and restarted it is up again, I believe everything is up.  Of course
that may change so I will continue to check periodically for a while.

Ken